The North Texas Food Bank (NTFB) is a top-ranked nonprofit relief organization which leads the fight against hunger with knowledge-based strategies to distribute donated, purchased and prepared foods through a network of feeding programs in 13 North Texas counties. NTFB supports the nutritional needs of children, families and seniors through research, education, advocacy and strategic partnerships. In FY 2013, NTFB provided access to 62 million nutritious meals. NTFB is a member of Feeding America (feedamerica.org).
1.$1 = 3 meals
2 93 cents of every dollar goes toward fulfilling NTFB’s mission; 7 cents goes towards administration/fundraising.
3. NTFB provided access to 62 million nutritious meals in FY 2013. Our FY 2014 goal is to provide access to 65 million nutritious meals, a 5% increase.
4. On average, NTFB provides access to 175,000 nutritious meals a day. However, the need is much greater – nearly 300,000 meals a day are needed to feed hungry people in North Texas. That’s enough to fill Rangers Ballpark in Arlington six times to capacity!
5. NTFB is able to reach families in need through a network of 262 Partner Agencies and more than 1,000 feeding locations.
6. 40% of clients at our Partner Agencies report that they have to choose between buying food or medical care.
7. NTFB distributes up to 11,000 Food 4 Kids backpacks every week.
8. An estimated 31,000 volunteers give the gift of time, hands and heart to NTFB each year. In fact, more than 600 people volunteer at the North Texas Food Bank each week.
9. In the state of Texas, 4.8 million people are food insecure-that’s 1 in every 6 people. The rate grows to 1 in 5 for Dallas Country (485,000 people).
10. One in every 4 kids in North Texas is food insecure (289,000 children).
*Represents results from fiscal year 2013 (July1, 2012-June 30, 2013); For use in FY13; Revised 7/30/13.
To learn more about the North Texas Food Bank visit www.ntfb.org